Training Studio® Version 3.5 is now available!
New in Version 3.5
- All templates use Responsive Web Design to adapt to different screen sizes from mobile devices to desktops
- Supports Internet Explorer 7 and later, Firefox, Chrome, and other browsers
- Allows users to review questions on question results page if desired. Questions are locked but show how the student answered. Any media associated with the question will play.
- Use Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) for position, fonts, and other formatting
- All templates completely HTML and CSS
- Detects HTML 5 media capabilities and uses it to play media if available
- Reverts to Flash, Windows Media Player, or QuickTime as appropriate if HTML media playback is not supported
- Optionally includes ALL audio (mp3, oga, wav) and video (mp4, webm, ogv, wmv) formats to support media on all major browsers
- Shows HTML 5 audio controls when playing audio
- Plays Adobe Edge or other HTML media
- Lets you choose between graphical buttons and jQuery UI buttons
- Contains additional and improved Reports in the Content Editor
- Expanded reports for the optional Training Studio Tracker Administrator program
- Seamlessly updates version 1 or 2 lessons
- Much more!
Other Great Features
- Built-in Comment functionality for reviewers to add comments within a lesson and store them on a web server
- Rapid lesson publishing with the included Publisher application
- Optional Show Answers button available always or after a specified number of wrong answers
- Display an optional technical support email message, link, and input screen for
communicating with a help desk or administrator
- Easy-to-use Content Editor with advanced editing features and "phrases"
available via a right-click menu
- Optional Training Studio Tracker Administrator program to view, manage, and create reports on comments
- Deploy without a virtual directory on any web server
- Easily support multiple languages
- Use the interactive templates provided "as is" or edit as needed
- Score button can be set to be always available or only visible when needed (depending on question type or the number of correct answers)
- Set completion status to be based on visiting all pages or achieving a designated mastery score
Template Page in Desktop Browser
Matching Question at 500 and 300 pixels showing Responsive Web Design
Training Studio's basic concept is that the subject matter expert (SME) enters
the training content into a database rather than inside an authoring tool. At
the same time, the SME selects an interaction type (Timed Bullets, Rollover
Hotspots, Multiple Choice Question, etc.) from a supported list. Media and
graphics are stored externally and referenced in the database. The e-Learning
itself is then generated at runtime by loading the database and the external
media/graphics. Advantages of this approach include the ability to quickly
update content, the reduced tool-specific training needed for SME’s, the ease
of supporting multiple languages, and greatly reduced development/maintenance
of that! HTML developers can edit the templates and create new ones if
desired. There is a wide array of built-in functionality including SCORM
1.2/2004 support, AICC, a complete review/comment tracking system, randomization of
answers, exam scoring, HTML 5 media when available, great interaction using the popular and open-source jQuery library, and page completion
We are happy to show Training Studio to you any time via a GoTo Meeting
demonstration. Use the links to the left to join a scheduled demonstration or
to request a personal one. Or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Platte Canyon® TBK Tracker™ Learning
Management System (LMS) also tracks Training Studio and Exam Engine content. This is the perfect
solution for tracking native (non-web based) content run from CD or on a local
area network. Even better is that the SAME content can be used for running on a
SCORM-based LMS. We also have a product called Tracker Sync™ that will allow you to synchronize your TBK Tracker
content with our Tracker.Net™
Training Studio Prices
Training Studio Content Editor, one license of the Training Studio Publisher,
Training Studio Tracker Web service (with its Visual Studio source
|Development License upgrade from version 2
|Development License upgrade from version 1
|Additional Licenses of Training Studio Content Editor (for use by subject
|Additional Licenses of Training Studio Content Editor upgrade from version 2
|Additional Licenses of Training Studio Content Editor upgrade from version 1
|Training Studio Tracker Administrator (for use by those needing to view/edit/close comments). This program also allows the creation of comment reports.
|Training Studio Tracker Administrator upgrade from version 2
|1 Year Training Studio Support (email only)
Educational and multiple-copy discounts are available.
Blog Post on the History and Advantages of Template-Based Authoring
Blog Post on Responsive Web Design
I freaking love TS!
Man this is so freaking cool!
Really great job you've done in making all this stuff!
Thank you for demonstrating Training Studio yesterday. It was inspirational.
It’s Saturday night at 9:30 PM. The wife is out of town and I couldn't help myself. I'm at the office, the stereo is up and the beer is cold. I am playing with my new favorite program, Training Studio. I'm still learning a few things and have many cool ideas. But after all the laborious years of packaging headaches, this is great. Anyway, this just rocks. I know I'm rambling but I really REALLY like this a lot! Great great job!!!!